Michigan BPA Wins Big at 2018 NLC
Michigan BPA is extremely proud of our 2018 NLC participants.
For those chapter advisors who attended the 2018 National Leadership Conference in Dallas (Grapevine), Texas, congratulations on representing Michigan quite well. We applaud the Michigan Association on spreading your wings and exemplifying top-notch professionalism and success in your events.
The conference was exciting because Michigan kept its record of winning the most awards. Here are some exciting highlights:
- Skylar McArthur, Alma College was elected to national office as the 2018-2019 National Postsecondary President
- Dawn Perez, Swan Valley High School, was honored as the BPA Advisor of the Year
- Matt Leddy, Swan Valley High School/Eastern Michigan University, was honored with the Emerging Alumni Award
- Number of Secondary Division winners: 106 in the Top 10; 30 in the top 3
- Number of Postsecondary Division winners: 138 in the top 10; 53 in the top 3
A full summary with the NLC winners list along with some photo highlights of the conference will posted online at www.michiganbpa.org/nlc.